Kalahari Mountain View 4X4 Sand Route:
• Situated on a farm, 20km from Witsand.
• You will have the opportunity to drive on the famous red Kalahari sands and dunes.
• A stunning picnic site under a large camel thorn tree housing an impressive and very active sociable weaver's nest.
• The route is 36km long with an additional 4km up a mountain slope, with various difficulty levels experienced en route.
Adventure and Extreme Sports:
• The entire reserve is open to hikers.
• Witsand is renowned for the fact that there are no restrictions where visitors can go on foot.
• Dune Boards for rent.
• Bicycles for rent.
• The region is regarded as the finest area in Africa for stargazing.
• Photographic opportunities are endless, with the dunes, blue skies and all the natural assets of Witsand.
• Bird watching and game viewing.
• Guided tours by management (by prior arrangement).
• There is a swimming pool on the reserve for use by picnicking visitors, campers and bungalow guests.
• A separate swimming pool for the exclusive use of chaletguests.
• 3km walking trail through Kalahari veld, with 43 marked plant species.
• Picnic site and outdoor museum on the trail. View-sites:
• Two view-sites each fitted with an information panel.
Environmental Education Facility:
• A special environmental educational rate is offered to approved groups.
• Refer to reception for more information.
Team Building Package:
• Team building exercises arranged by professional guide.
• Prebook 3 weeks in advance.
• Bookings done through reception.